Job Summary: Operates wastewater treatment plants by monitoring, evaluating, adjusting and maintaining the equipment and systems used in these facilities; collects, transports, and analyzes wastewater samples for compliance with a variety of water quality standards; performs other duties as assigned.
&am p;nb sp;
1. Operates wastewater treatment plants by monitoring, evaluating, adjusting and maintaining the equipment and systems used in these facilities
2. Collects, transports, and analyzes wastewater samples for compliance with a variety of water quality standar
3. Troubleshoots and assists with the maintenance of a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment including pumps, air compressors, chemical feed systems, etc.
4. Maintains a variety of operational and maintenance logs, reports and other forms
5. Performs ground and building maintenance
6. Operates and maintains motor vehicles, farm, construction and lawn maintenance equipment
7. Maintains full certification status in the classes required by the Certification Board
8. Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to gain working knowledge of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission policies and procedures
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission to the public.
3. Knowledge of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission wastewater system and plant operations and of the principles and procedures of effective wastewater treatment
4. Ability to safely operate various equipment
5. Ability to make equipment repairs
6. Knowledge of safety regulations and established procedures for maintenance and testing.
7. Ability to wear appropriate PPE for chemical protection, including respiratory gear; must successfully pass a pulmonary function test
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Three years or more of job related experience
3. Wastewater Treatment Class 5A Certification
4. Or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires occasional strenuous effort. For example, handling of moderately heavy tools or equipment, or materials of 30 to 60 pounds or more. Work involves high risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, or machines. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, goggles, boots and gloves; may require working in adverse weather conditions or confined work spaces.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!