The Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland is seeking a Youth Services Specialist who will be responsible for determining the eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program. The Specialist will be responsible for conducting participant intake, orientation and formal and informal assessments as well as entering participant and other data into required management information systems and paper files. Job entails utilization of job search and career counseling tools and resources and case management skills.
- Provide program orientation
- Determine program eligibility and collect all documents supporting eligibility
- Enroll eligible participants utilizing the Maryland Workforce Exchange and paper files
- Provide case management services to WIOA program clients
- Maintain case files to ensure participant progress is documented and in compliance with applicable WIOA regulations
- Assist participants with the development and implementation of an Individual Services Strategy(employment plan)
- Assess supportive services needs and provide of supportive services
- Direct and monitor client involvement and progress in program activities (i.e. basic skills upgrade, work-readiness activities, training)
- Complete all required reporting, paperwork, and management information systems input related to participant’s enrollment, activity, and completion of program
- Provide career and educational guidance, career planning and placement services
- Refer participants to jobs listed in Maryland Workforce Exchange and elsewhere
- Assist participants in resume preparation, job search and interviewing readiness
- Provide participants with job placement assistance and follow-up services
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related human services field. Direct work experience on a year-for-year basis may be substituted for required post-secondary education. Bilingual (fluent) in Spanish highly preferred. Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) or Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) certifications highly preferred. Knowledge of workforce and career preparation programs and services is required. Case management experience is required. Experience with federal laws and regulations pertaining to WIOA strongly preferred.
Starting salary based on education and experience. Excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
In accordance with the Governor's Code of Fair Practices, Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland is committed to an effective equal opportunity and affirmative action program. This program affords all employees, and applicants for employment an equal opportunity in every aspect of employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability or political affiliation, except when sex, physical or mental disability or age constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. There will be zero tolerance for any kind of employment discrimination or harassment.
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Cities
Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!