St. Mary’s College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary’s City is accepting résumés for the position of Assistant Director of Alumni Relations. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for the promotion of events, news, and initiatives encompassing all aspects of alumni relations. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations serves as the primary editorial point of contact and content developer for the alumni e-newsletter, online alumni communities, alumni website, and other online cultivation resources utilized by the Office of Alumni Relations. This position will be responsible for gathering information from and collaborating with colleagues in all units of Institutional Advancement to increase alumni engagement at St. Mary’s College of Maryland and to foster meaningful lifelong relationships.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, working closely with the Director and the Associate Director of Alumni Relations, will also play an integral role in the planning, management, and execution of signature events including Alumni Weekend, Hawktoberfest, Giving Tuesday, Alumni Council meetings, and chapter/network activities. Involvements will include, but are not limited to, registration management and tabling, set up and break down support, overseeing volunteers, and event photo and video documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
· Experienced in a professional/higher education setting; working in an alumni/fundraising/marketing/event management/development environment is preferred.
· Able to work well with diverse groups and to successfully engage in interpersonal contact with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies (e.g., office staff, faculty members, administrators, alumni, students, vendors).
· Proficient using various software including digital spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications. Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Blackbaud, iModules/Anthology, and/or Zoom a plus.
· Self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Able to communicate effectively through oral or written word, including demonstrated experience in public speaking.
· Able to demonstrate initiative and work under general supervision with minimal instruction.
· Willing to travel as needed.
· Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Non-sectarian since its founding, St. Mary's College of Maryland, a public Carnegie Baccalaureate, Arts and Sciences institution located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C., has been designated as Maryland's public honors college. Undergraduate and residential in nature, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1600, St. Mary's emphasizes excellence in teaching. The institution was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1997. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), and three references and submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/81539. Questions may be directed to Dave Sushinsky ’02 at email@example.com.
Review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr
|Employment Sector||State Government|
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
- St. Mary's City
Member Since: May 8, 2015
St. Marys City, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!