Why Join Us?
Find purpose in your career! Asbury Solomons is a continuing care retirement community providing independent living options such as cottage homes and spacious apartments, as well as assisted living, skilled nursing, memory support and rehab services. As part of Asbury Communities, Inc., a not-for-profit aging services organization, we are completely focused on doing all the good we can for those we serve. When you join our team, you'll enjoy the personal fulfillment that comes from making a difference in someone's life every day. Asbury is honored to have consistently earned certification as a Great Place to Work based on associate feedback to questions related to trust, culture, and the meaning they derive from their jobs.
Ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy environment for those who work and live at our communities is our highest priority. We are proud of the incredible work being done by our associates and grateful for the support we are receiving from our many residents and family members as we work through this pandemic together. We continue to aggressively work to minimize the risks of the COVID-19 virus for residents and associates in our communities.
- Responds in a prompt courteous manner to any questions or concerns.
- Under minimal supervision, independently performs advanced cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Sets up the steam table on time so that tray line is not delayed; including “specials”.
- Ensures that food temperatures are maintained at appropriate temperatures per state and federal regulations; monitors temperatures throughout meal service.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Follows counts designated on production sheets, avoiding both over and under production of food.
- Monitors leftovers and properly stores/utilizes them. Consistently documents the amount of leftovers.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Informs management when a recipe or food production sheet needs to be modified and informs management of potential shortages.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Selects recipes per menu cycle, prepares bakery items, receives inventory, moves and lifts foodstuffs and supplies and prepares meals for customers requiring special diets.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Job Field||Food Service/Restaurant|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||High School|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
- Calvert County
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!