Attorney-owned full-service title and escrow company in Southern Maryland, is searching for dynamic candidates to work closely with REALTORS®, lenders, and other service providers leading up to and beyond settlement as a Real Estate Settlement Processor.
The Real Estate Settlement Processor duties include:
Initiates contact and maintains timely dialogue with all parties involved with title file including real estate agents, lenders, buyers, and sellers.
· Remains cognizant of and adheres to policies and procedures, and any regulations pertaining to the title and real estate closing industry.
· Coordinates and schedules closing dates with all parties and addresses adjustments as needed.
· Orders mortgage payoff statement(s), HOA or condo statements, as appropriate.
· Orders title updates (bringdowns) prior to or at the time of closing to ensure there are no intervening liens.
· Obtains, records, and tracks all mortgage releases associated with loan payoffs.
· Preliminarily reviews title work to flag and address concerns with attorney.
· Works closely with lenders to prepare CDs, secure clear to close approval, receiving any related lender documents, and balances CDs.
· Responsible for establishing and verifying incoming and outbound wires to appropriate parties and entering wires into the banking system for management approval.
· Reviews, finalizes, scans, and returns completed lender closing packages once received from closer.
· Prepares settlement packages for disbursement; balances the file, compares disbursement ledger to CD and ALTA settlement statement to ensure all information and numbers match.
· Prints all checks to be signed and verified by the designated check signers.
· Ensures all payoffs go out the same day the file is disbursed via wire or UPS to respective lender.
· Serves as back-up closer in the event attorney is unavailable.
· All employees cover for each other during vacation or sick leave. This means you may have to occasionally take on tasks outside of the normal scope of your job.
· Professionally upbeat and positive.
· Excellent communications skills - Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and to always present a professional image.
· Mathematical skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
· Reasoning ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Other Skills and Abilities - Typing, professional telephone skills, personal computer, Microsoft Outlook, MS-Word, MS- Excel.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in related position with a Maryland title company.
· Knowledge and experience using title closing software system such as Qualia, IntellaClose, TitleExpress, SoftPro, etc. is a plus.
· Licensed Maryland Title Producer, preferred.
· Licensed Maryland Notary Public, preferred.
|Employment Sector||Private Company|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
|Years of Experience Required||2|
|Wage/Salary||Competitive comprehensive package based on experience|
|Start Date||Monday, October 18, 2021|
- St. Mary's County
Member Since: Oct 6, 2021
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!