Job Title: ARPA Performance and Quality Specialist
Reports To: Workforce Operations Manager
Prepared Date: July 2022
Salary Range: Grade 15, Step 4-6, $54,101-$57,156
The Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland (TCCSMD) has received grant funding from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021. These funds are to be utilized to serve unemployed individuals and underemployed individuals and businesses who have been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. This position provides a wide range of performance and quality assurance activities for the ARPA Grant Program. The incumbent often works with designated program colleagues to review participant files and Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) data. Incumbent compiles performance data extracted from the MWE and develops, manipulates and analyzes spreadsheets of that data to identify key indicators of ARPA Grant performance. This position is grant funded and may terminate as early as 12/31/24.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares performance tracking reports on a monthly and as required basis.
- Maintains program data files and reports in a manner that conforms to state and local MWE reporting requirements.
- Reviews official paper files of ARPA Grant participants utilizing a check list to ensure that files are complete and accurate. Monitors implementation of corrective actions initiated by the Workforce Operations Manager.
- Monitors and ensures validity and completeness of participant and performance information and maintenance of the MWE system.
- Performs regular formal and informal ARPA record reviews on a schedule created by the Workforce Operations Manager.
- Coordinates formal and informal ARPA programmatic record reviews/audits by state and federal officials.
- Prepares federal performance reports as required by the US Department of the Treasury.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and core values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Highly Detail Oriented - Explores the topic or issue at hand, as well as reasons behind it and issues surrounding it; possesses a proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks; has the patience and determination to explore the problem and all of its elements until the reasoning has been found so that it can be resolved accurately.
- Highly proficient in Excel spreadsheet development, manipulation and analysis.
- Skilled in computer applications, including Microsoft Office products.
- Skilled in or ability to master navigating the MWE.
- Ability to demonstrate the Southern Maryland JobSource core values in the performance of position duties. Our values include accountability, respect, integrity, responsiveness, and knowledge.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree or higher is required. Direct work experience in mathematics, statistics, accounting, auditing or closely related field is required. Bilingual (fluent) in Spanish highly preferred.
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent travel to American Job Centers and TCCSMD Headquarters will be required and/or virtual meetings via virtual platforms.
- Must have daily access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must pass a background check.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends, as necessary.
Starting salary based on education and experience. Excellent benefits.
Position Open Until Filled
Apply Online at: https://tccsmd.org/work-with-us/
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!