Reports To: Workforce Operations Manager
Prepared Date: August 2022
Salary Range: Grade 13, Step 1 to Step 2, $42,874 to $44,435
The Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland (TCCSMD) has received grant funding from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021. These funds are to be utilized to serve unemployed individuals and underemployed individuals whose employment has been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The ARPA Training and Employment Specialist will work with those identified above to provide training and employment services. The Specialist will be responsible for conducting participant intake and formal and informal assessments as well as entering participant and other data into required management information systems and paper files. The position entails utilization of job search and career counseling tools and resources. Knowledge of workforce and career preparation programs and services is required. This position is grant funded and may terminate as early as 12/31/24.
- Determine program eligibility and collect all documents supporting eligibility
- Enroll eligible participants utilizing the Maryland Workforce Exchange and paper files
- Assist participants within resume preparation, job search and interviewing skills
- Assist participants with the development and implementation of an Individual Employment Plan
- Assess supportive services needs and provide supportive services
- Direct and monitor participant involvement and progress in program activities
- Provide career and educational guidance, career planning and placement services
- Refer participants to jobs listed in Maryland Workforce Exchange and elsewhere
- Provide participants with job placement assistance and follow-up services
- Maintain case files to ensure participant progress is documented and in compliance with applicable ARPA regulations
- Complete all required reporting, paperwork, and management information systems input related to participant’s enrollment, activity, and completion of program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of electronic, print, and other resources used to support career and job search preparation
- Job matching and placement skills
- Transferable skills analysis
- Ability to work within deadlines, manage multiple assignments and priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft office applications and the Internet
- Experience administering standardized career and basic skills testing instruments
- Data entry and record keeping
- Ability to demonstrate the Southern Maryland JobSource mission, vision, and core values in the performance of position duties. Our values include accountability, respect, integrity, responsiveness, and knowledge.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent and direct work experience in social work, psychology, or related human services field. Bilingual (fluent) in Spanish highly preferred. Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) or Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) certifications highly preferred, but not required.
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves potential exposure to uncomfortable or unpleasant situations. May be required to handle disgruntled customers and investigate complaints.
- Frequent travel to American Job Centers and TCCSMD Headquarters will be required and/or virtual meetings via virtual platforms.
- Must have daily access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Must pass a background check.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends, as necessary.
TCCSMD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Employment decisions at the Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The Tri-County Council does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply, including people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Starting salary based on education and experience.
Position Open Until Filled
Apply Online at: https://tccsmd.org/work-with-us/
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Counties
Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!