Classified Views: 214
Jahn Corporation, a Government contractor with excellent benefits is accepting resumes for the following full time position:
Helicopter Avionics Technician
Responsible for achieving and/or maintaining the flight readiness of various avionic and electronic systems on any prototype, production, or model change aircraft for final clearance and/or customer acceptance to include the President Helicopter Program.
· Utilize schematics, wiring diagrams, reference manuals, etc. to install, align, synchronize, checkout, and repair a wide variety of complex aircraft avionic and electronic systems and circuitry such as automatic stabilization equipment, sonar gear, navigation equipment, flight instruments, electronic governors, couplers, etc.
· Troubleshoot entire aircraft avionic and electronic systems making all repairs necessary to achieve and/or maintain flight readiness.
- Balance multi-generator systems maintain current and voltage limits as specified.
- Synchronize multi-inverter systems.
- Be fully responsible for the movement of assigned aircraft through acceptance programs, the conditions of aircraft before presentation to pre-flight inspection and the clearing up of all inspection and pilot discrepancies.
- Direct and instruct up to 5 lower grade technicians with checkout and repair duties.
- Sign out Inspection Logs.
- Coordinate activities closely with supervisor and/or working leader to insure completion of work assignments by priority.
- Coordinate activities with Engineering and Supervision to resolve problems involving modifications, drawing or specification discrepancies, shortages, rejections, etc. and insure incorporation of all changes and modifications.
- Perform any hangar, field or shop assignment as required by workload or emergency conditions.
- As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain cleanliness of assigned areas and comply with all EH&S procedures.
· Requires a well-rounded knowledge and understanding of aircraft avionic and electronic circuits and instruments including the use of various types of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, precision meters, variable capacitance bridge, signal generator, field strength meter and others.
· Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and schematic diagrams, apply handbook formulas and utilize information obtained from technical manuals.
· Equivalent to 4 years technical trades training with specialization in the field of avionics and/or electronics.
· Must maintain current certification(s) as required.
· Requires 3 to 5 years of experience.
Citizenship/Security Clearance: Must be a US citizen and must have an active TOP SECRET.
Jahn Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lexington Park, MD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Aircraft maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Top Secret (Required)
Work Location: In person
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Full-Time Permanent|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- St. Mary's County
- Patuxent River
Member Since: May 8, 2015
Lexington Park, Maryland
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!