Job Title: Blueprint Program Specialist
Reports To: Blueprint Program Manager
Created: June 2023
Salary Range: Grade 15, Step 2-4, $53,627-$57,667
Summary: The Workforce Development Division of the Tri-County Council for Southern Maryland (TCCSMD) provides high quality workforce development services to strengthen the regional economy and is the bridge between understanding the talent development needs of local and regional businesses and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential. This position assists in the implementation of strategic plans as directed by the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future.
We are seeking highly motivated and dedicated individuals to join our team as business-facing career advisors. These positions will be based in three different counties and will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with local businesses. The primary objective of the role is to connect our 6th through 12th grade students with career exploration activities such as field trips, guest speaking engagements, career fairs, internships, and apprenticeships. The ideal candidates will possess excellent communication skills, diplomacy, tenacity, and a sales-oriented mindset. This is a grant funded position that may end on 6/30/26.
Build and Maintain Business Relationships:
· Identify and engage local businesses that align with the career interests of our students.
· Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with key stakeholders, including business owners, managers, and HR personnel.
· Act as the primary point of contact for businesses interested in collaborating with our school systems.
Promote Career Exploration Opportunities:
· Present our career exploration programs and initiatives to local businesses, emphasizing the benefits of participation.
· Develop persuasive proposals and presentations tailored to each business's needs and objectives.
· Coordinate and facilitate meetings, site visits, and presentations to promote engagement and participation in career exploration activities.
Facilitate Career Activities:
· Organize and coordinate field trips to businesses, ensuring smooth coordination and appropriate supervision.
· Arrange for guest speakers from various industries to participate in career days, fairs, and classroom presentations.
· Collaborate with businesses to develop internships, apprenticeships, job-shadowing opportunities, and other hands-on experiences for students.
Track and Evaluate Success:
· Maintain accurate records of business interactions, engagements, and outcomes.
· Analyze the effectiveness of career exploration activities and make recommendations for improvement.
· Provide regular reports and updates to management on progress, achievements, and challenges.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., education, business, communications) or equivalent experience.
· Proven experience in sales, business development, or relationship management.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish rapport and build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
· Self-motivated, tenacious, and results-oriented, with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
· Familiarity with educational institutions and understanding of the needs and challenges of students at various grade levels.
· Maintains accurate and accessible records to facilitate reporting of performance data and outcomes, as required; provides documentation and data in a timely fashion, as requested.
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft office applications and the Internet.
· Knowledge of Southern Maryland community, employment and labor market trends.
· Available to travel and work weekends/evenings as needed.
· Strong time management skills necessary.
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to demonstrate the Southern Maryland JobSource core values in the performance of position duties. Our values include accountability, respect, integrity, responsiveness, and knowledge.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Blueprint Program Manager.
Special Requirements – Conditions of Employment
· Clean background check
· Clean driving check
· The Council is committed to providing the necessary equipment to perform this job. Employees are required to have electronic equipment provided by the Council. Employees are responsible for the equipment and replacement and will sign a form agreeing to this condition.
Starting salary based on education and experience. Excellent benefits.
Positions Open Until Filled
Apply Online at: https://tccsmd.org/work-with-us/
TCCSMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Field||Not Specified|
|Type of Position||Not Specified|
|Education Required||Not Specified|
- So. Maryland
- All Cities
Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
Visit My Web Site
Public Questions - Login Required
Be the first to ask a question about this listing!